shot

how do i get my 9mounth old to sleep all night and take naps

halomommy18

Asked by halomommy18 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the 5 s's SOOTH/ SWADDLE/ SHH SOUNDS/ SUCK(PACI)/SWING
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• have you tried co-sleeping/bed-sharing? dd has slept between 10-12 hrs/night since 6 weeks old. she is the type of baby that needs to be close to someone and bed-sharing works for us, especially since i am breastfeeding. if you think that may work for you, do some research about how to safely co-sleep. it is so worth it for us. everyone is safe, well-rested, and happy! sometimes though, sleeping through the night is a developmental milestone that baby will reach in his/her own time. i wish you luck, and sweet dreams!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• IMO co-sleeping leads to clingy children plus like my beds to be with my hubby and i
    Anonymous

• if u co sleep with kids u can kiss any kind of sex life away with hubby...if u start now it will be harder to get baby to sleep on their own when they r older.
    Anonymous

• lol I co-sleep and we have a great sex life and my children are very independent.

Some babies just don't sleep through the night.. but you need to let them learn to sooth themselves or else its very hard to get them to sleep. Start at nap times and find a toy that plays soft music, or something that they can fall asleep too and help them learn to fall asleep to that. I don't CIO and this has worked for us.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• do you have a bedtime routine? like, bottle or sippy, then bath, then "chill time" in a rocker or on the couch with you.... thats what we have done since about 2 months. she is 9 months now, and about half the time she sleeps from 9 pm to 6 am. BUT she has started having night terrors. SO, even thought she doesn't really "wake up" she deffinately has us up when this happens. if your LO is teething, that can keep them up too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I co-sleep with my daughter--BUT for naps in the day, I lay her down in her crib and let her cry it out for a little bit. Sometimes she doesn't even cry, she falls asleep right away. Other times she cries for a few minutes. At first she cried for more than that, but about every 5 minutes, I would go in there and reassure her, and hug her (without picking her up). Now we continue the same routine and it works great. (When she goes to her nanny's house, she goes on a walk and my DD falls asleep everytime... its clockwork :) Bedtime I have her on a routine-- dinner, bath, story, (sometimes if she's not too sleepy we play peek a boo or I just let her crawl around so that she tuckers herself out) Then I lay her in her crib and she goes to sleep (sometimes she cries for a few minutes but then she's out till about 2. Then she wakes up to eat and that's when I sleep with her-- I BF, and then we cuddle N sleep till 7/8
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• PS my daughter is 8 months. Good luck! PM me if you want any more advice
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009