How much should a SAHM charge for watching an infant...

I wanted to see how much ya'll charge or pay for child care... Not from a daycare... but someone that stays at home and looks after an infant... whats the price running for that...

From Monday to friday say 8 am tell 4 pm...

laura_mae99

Asked by laura_mae99 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm a child care provider (in-home) and I charge $30/day... or $130/wk for Full-time. And they pay regardless of attendance.
    Silvia1011

Answer by Silvia1011 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• When I used to do it I would charge 50 bucks for the week, but I wouldn't usually have them every day. That was a long time ago, and with costs going up, I would probably charge 100 plus they have to bring their own lunch. It is just so expensive now and you should be compensated. It isn't like you are just sitting there as an at home mom, we do work!
    alcinoe

Answer by alcinoe at 7:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If the person watching them has a kid then see if you cant trade off. Thats what friend and i do she watches him for me then i watch her kid if she needs me too.
    pchef_nicole

Answer by pchef_nicole at 7:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think the hourly fee should be from $5.00-$15.00 depending on how many children there are and for how long.
    MamaMindx

Answer by MamaMindx at 7:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Usuaully day cares charge between 2.50 to 5 per child, depending on the age and the area. A SAHM would probably charge less than that since she would not be certified. I would say about 2-3 an hour, more per hour for less than full-time though.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 7:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I'll be getting paid to babysit a 3 1/2 year old girl that's potty trained, from 8am-5pm, $50 a day. A friend of mine also paid me $25 a day for 4 days of watching her almost 7 year old.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I am a SAHM of a 7 mth old. I baby sit an 8 mth old from about 7:00am to about 5:00pm and I charge $100.00 a week. If I have to watch the baby longer than that then I charge $5.00 for each hour after 5:00pm. They bring his own formula, baby food, diapers, wipes, and anything else that he may need.
    Anonymous