What can the baby hear?

So I know at five months the baby is suspected to be able to hear... I have a question, can the baby hear music from my iPod? it's going through my ears and into my brain so it doesn't hear it right? Otherwise the baby would be able to hear my thoughts?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Haha no the baby can't hear that. Funny thought, though. They hear people talking, you especially, dogs barking, the TV and music if it's loud enough. Pretty much whatever's in close range. But I saw a documentary on a baby inside a womb, the noises are very muffled, obviously.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think I read or heard somewhere that the baby's hearing in the womb is sort of like an old person's hearing: very muffled and stifled, but they can obviously tell that something is going on. I used to pretend that my daughter could hear the music I was listening to on my MP3 player xD You might get a few kicks if you put the headphones on your belly :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009