not walking yet

my 14 month old isnt walking yet and i'm starting to get concerned. she can pull herself up on stuff and cruise some but she refuses to walk. when she does try with someone holding her hands she walks on her tip toes. how late did your little ones start walking? My daughter does spend alot of time in her walker, could it be hindering her even though she spends a few hours everyday playing on the floor?

hihowareyou22

Asked by hihowareyou22 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't worry about. What does your doctor say? I work in a one year old room and I just had one of my 18 month olds just start walking. My niece didn't start walking until 16 months. Both of them of totally fine. They are all on their own pace and timeline. Oh, and about the walker, my boys lived in them. One was fully walking at 14 months and the other at 10 months. They are all different.
    Anonymous

• her last apointment was at one year and she's not due for another one until mid july, but up till now the doctor hasnt said much about it.
    hihowareyou22

Answer by hihowareyou22 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yea i would not worry about it one my friends kids didn't walk until he was 18 months....we called him lazy bones.

When you start seeing him letting go and standing on his own it will happen out of no where
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2009