Is it normal to take a pregnancy test one week it be negative take another one two weeks later and it be positive?

Thats what i went through and im confused cause i did a digital one first and then an EPT one non digital again and it said positive. but was it cause i waited and it was too early to detect or is it giving false readings?

shainabaina

Asked by shainabaina at 10:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• never a false positive. you probably tested too early
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yes this can happen your hcg levels may not have been high enough to register the first week you took the pregnancy test. But I would call your obgyn and make an appointment just to make sure. Good luck and hope all goes well!
    mandi8395

Answer by mandi8395 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well yeah! lol it could be that you just took it to early, thats what happened to me!
    JuwansMommy

Answer by JuwansMommy at 11:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yep...my daughter ended up in the hospital with both pregnancies. She was throwing up and was not even able to keep down water. Both times they said she was not pregnant. She has two teenage boys to prove the tests were wrong.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 11:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• YES! I tested in early June and it was neg. Then again this past Monday and it was a BIG positive!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• When I found out I was pg with my second I went to the dr because I was "sick". They did a pg test it was negative. About a week later my period was late and I went to my gyno (cuz my oldest was only 2 months old) because I thought something was wrong........there was I was pg again. So that one week made the difference between a positive or negative pg test. GL
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2009