What would be a good gift to bring to the hospital for a new mom who just delivered?

When my friend has her little boy I want to bring a gift to the hospital to surprise her with but she just had a baby shower and got a ton of things so should I just not worry about it or just get like a little sleeper or something? Or get something just for her?

bumblebee_abby

Asked by bumblebee_abby at 10:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if she plans on nursing some cumfy nursing tops are good
    or a pack of diapers
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am not a greedy person and I enjoyed the gifts that were for me!! The best gift i got was a gift card to a local restaurant and a card that said "good for one night of babysitting" that way when I was ready to use my free dinner, I had someone to watch my son:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Diapers! you could always use them :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my mom brought me very comfy pjs and slipers... i loved it! after the 1st shower it was nice to wear something new and comfy
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• something for her, shes already got lots for baby i'm sure and will continue to get stuff for baby. but maybe a bottle of wine, a gift card to a store she likes
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Fuzzy slippers! Yes, I know it's the middle of summer, but hospital rooms are chilly. Or maybe a gift card to a local spa/salon. New mommies always feel bedraggled, and (speaking from my own experience) look like it too. If you're in the mood for a project, put together a "new mommy" gift basket. Toss in some lip balm, lanolin ointment, maybe a comfy nursing top, some herbal tea with a pretty mug, and something sweet and chocolatey. Hope everything goes well with your friend, and good luck with the gift-hunting.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i was thrilled when my mom sent me flowers with an "it's a boy balloon" =)
    you could bring a cute basket with diapers and rolled up washclothes, little samples of baby shampoo or baby powder...etc, a gift certificate to a grocery store or babies-r-us type of store...
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When I had my Daughter my good friend gave me a card that said "I will make you whatever you and your family want for dinner on any night"! It was so nice she came over the day we came home and made us the nicest dinner ever and sat with my Daughter while we ate. It was perfect. Another good thing would be a pedicure or manicure after she starts feeling better. It's all about baby for months so it would be nice to do something for her.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• For her. It will let her know she is still important!
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 3:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Bring her something good to eat! Snacks or a meal - do a gift for the baby when you come visit her at home for the first time. Baby doesn't need anything right now but I bet Mom would love a good meal. Hospital food is awful!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2009