Have you considered donating bone marrow for luekima patients? Joing Bethematch.org and help save a life!

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• I will look into it. I have thought about doing this before.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I've been registered to donate marrow since the early 90's. I got a call two years ago - I was a match for someone, but before all the preliminary stuff was done, I got a letter stating that there would not be a need for my marrow after all - it always made me sad, because I immediately thought that maybe the patient didn't make it - but then I decided to pray about it and trust that whatever had happened it had happened for the best.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes I've thought about it, but never looked into it. I guess I should do that :-) Thanks for the reminder.
    Katkitswt

Answer by Katkitswt at 2:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yea i have we recently had a scare my younger sister who is 15 the doctors thought she had luekima
    but it turned out to be something different but yes i would.
    only problem is i have tattoos
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 3:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• redivy, I looked into it last night and read everything. It says you may register if you received a tattoo in the past year. That was one of my concerns as well.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009