trust

i'm sad to say that i have a bad trust issue now since i left my cheating, verbaly abusive husband. i am dating an amazing guy who has been madly in love with me for years (we dated my senior year and he's been head over heals for me since) and i know he's a good person. But, since my X has put me through everything he did and all of his lying in the past has deeply hurt my ability to trust. because now everytime i get close to by BF i get scared. when i talk to him or see him i'm constantly thinking in the back of my head "Should i have done that? Maybe i shouldnt have said this..." Help!!! I dont want to be one of those girls that doesnt trust anybody ever again! why do guys have to lie..... :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I think counseling will be of great help to you.

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• so you will allow your ex's bad behavior to still have power over your life enough to cheat some nice guy out of a great relationship with you? You can take control of your insecurities. Just believe in yourself and your new guy and quit thinking about the x and what he did. He's not worth thinking about and HIS cheating is affecting your new relationship. Cut that out. It's mind over matter, tell your brain that this guy wont' cheat, this guy loves you and he wants only you. You matter. Say it every day if you have to until you believe it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with the counseling to help you get over the trust issues.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2009