Where is my father now?

Is he in heaven or hell?He knew about Jesus,he watched Christian shows, he knew about John 3:16 that God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son,that whosoever believes in him,shall have eternal life.I'm a little confused, I grew up on saying the sinners prayer but then there's scriptures that says you can go to heaven if you believe in God but even the demons believe.Jesus says we have to be born again to go to heaven but then there's scriptures that says you just have to believe.For sincere Christians please

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 10:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unfortunately only God knows for sure. It all comes down to his heart and if he ever accepted Christ as savior. You see religious acts don't save you. So as much as I would love to give you assurance that he is in heaven I can't in good conscious say that.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• He was a good, responsible man. He says to tell you he's fine and he's learning a lot. He still worries about you and loves you very much.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My father died yesterday and I'm grieving now that he's somewhere in hell and it really hurts to think that.I want to believe he is in heaven but I know that can't be true because Jesus says we must be born again and he wasn't.There would of been some kind of change in his life if he made Jesus his Lord and savior.He didn't want to go to church and any new Christian would love to do that.He was bitter and angry when he died and a Christian wouldn't of acted that way,they would of looked forward to going to heaven and being with Jesus.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• He is where ever gives you comfort.  What do you believe in your heart?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Oh I am so very sorry for your loss.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm answering my own question..So you have to be born-again then you just have to believe but you still have to prove to God that you want to be his servant by doing good works but this doesn't save you,your heart and motives for doing it does.Heaven is a free gift of God to Christians who live out their faith.I used to believe once saved always saved, but that's not true because Jesus tells us that we have to produce fruit,living in the holy spirit and using our gifts and tallents to build up the body of Christ.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• IF he ask the Lord to come into his life and save him then He is in heaven but knowone knows only God Just pray and ask God to show you.. My dad died dec 17 2008 and i ask God to show me and he did... Are u saved? You can know the word and be a good person but if you dont ask the Lord to come into your heart and save you. Then its no use...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When someone asks Jesus to come into their life and they repent of their sins, they are given the holy spirit and the spirit is what motivates them to go to church,read their Bibles and pray.They have to cultivate this new faith though,they can't just say the sinner's prayer and go back to their old life.If someone is truely born again they won't want to go back to their old life,they'll want to go to church on a saturday night instead of the bar.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• countingsparows here are some bible verses you have to be bapitzed to get the Holy ghost (spirit)
    Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
    John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
    Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
    Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2009