Do babies have gas when they are in you??

My daughter is preg. and its been along time since I have had a child and I know the doctor told me that what I eat will affect the baby!! But we were wondering if the baby passes gas when they are in us and if so how??

mamacat62

Asked by mamacat62 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no there is no air inside there and they don't have the gut bacteria to make gas yet
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 11:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Nope! No air in there. They don't go #2 either, that's very dangerous for them. All they do is pee. I think the doctor probably meant that drinking caffeinated things, or sugary things will wake the baby up and make them move around. And eating healthy is healthy for the baby.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 11:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No air inside. They can get hiccups but it's not because of something you ate. It's just a reflex. Certain foods can affect your pregnancy - such as raw foods, alcohol, processed foods, white carbs, etc.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2009