My son pulls and tugs at his pamper when he is wet. Could it be time for a potty? He's 14 months.

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son often tugs at his diaper too, but the diaper isnt always soiled, so I don't know if that is a "sign" or not. I have tried introducing my son (also 14 m/o) to his future lil potty, but all he did was play with it lol so I dont think he's ready. I'm not going to actually start potty training him until he can give me better cues, like a yes/no nod or verbal response when asked if he went or has to go potty.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I say it's a sign to introduce the idea at least! Get a potty chair (if you don't already have one) and just let him lead the way...if he's resistant, I wouldn't push at this age...but if he's excited or agreeable then I say go for it! I was fully potty trained with no bedwetting or anything by the time I was 16 months old so you just never know! Good luck mama!
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 11:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That is so funny because my son started doing that too, he is 18 months now, and I know he isn't ready for the potty. He won't go near his potty! Only these little guys know what it means and it will remain a mystery to us among other things :)

Amanda West

I love helping moms work from home!
    Proud Member of CEO MOMs
    816-824-6813
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/rockstar
    mandamomof1

Answer by mandamomof1 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It actually isn't much of a sign, but you can try whenever you want to. Just know that if your child isn't ready, it will only cause frustration. The younger the kid, often (but not always!) the longer it will take.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009