Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does my husband have to present to give me Power of Attorney??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • i don't understand the wording in this question.
    if he is out of town or state he can have a power of attorney made up somewhere and mail it to you. you don't have to fill out anything for it, if that is what you are asking. if not please reword it and i'll try to answer best i can. i have a general poa b/c hubby is navy have had to have one about 8 diff times now so know most of the basics of it

    Answer by vabchmommy at 11:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

  • Hubby is in Basic right now and I didn't find out until now how helpful it would be to have POA. I don't think he can have one made up while he is there..and I'm not going to be able to attend his graduation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

  • You can't make it for him. IF that was the case alot of people with dying relatives would suddenly have POA. Somethings you can do is get one drawn up and he just needs a notary to witness his signature. If it is to pay bills you can call and get around the your on the account. All you have to do is talk to them about the account and they can answer yes or no. License plates just make sure you mail it in. Is there something specific your having problems with? There are usually ways around POA unless it is something significanant like changing a will or DNR order.

    Good luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.