• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever been stung by a bee? How many times and what were the circumstances?

I went 25 years without ever getting stung and feared (still do) it so much. By the time my son was 8 he had been stung 3 times on different occasions. Funnier still is my stinging was caught on tape and the look on my face was priceless.

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes several times. The first time I was walking in the grass with flip flops on and it got stuck under my toe, i passed out. The second time i was cutting the grass at our new house and was stung I managed to walk next door and knock on my neighbors door before i passed out. I came too and she was standing over me looking worried. i asked her if she could pull the bee out of my foot. I now have an epipen on me when ever i am outside.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was stung when I was a kid. There was a bee in my sandal and I stepped on it. Another time there was a nest in the ground and I was running and stepped right in it.
    The best was when I was at a park and this kid was swining his hands around to chase the bee off. I put my hand up to tell the kid to stop and the bee got my armpit. My word that hurt!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I've been stung 4 separte occasions when I was younger. The last time I actually don't know how many bee stings I received. This stupid neighbor kid threw some rocks at a beehive right next to me and my friend, we didn't realize he was hitting the beehive until it was too late and we got surrounded by bees.
    Anonymous

• about 6 times, the first i was crawling on the ground and put my knee on a bee, three times was running around barefoot and ran onto a bee, one was climbing a fence, and the other one i sat on a bee.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have been stung 2 times. Once when I was a kid I was walking around barefoot, and I stepped on it. The other time I was like 16 and my head itched when I went to itch it a bee was in my hair, and it stung me
    Princess_Sarah7

Answer by Princess_Sarah7 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OMG! mamak57 that must be sad to live like that!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The first time, nothing happened. Just a little sting on the nose.

The second time I had to go to the ER because I didn't know I was stung and it got infected. I was playing outside and just was having too much fun.

The third time nothing, just a little finger prick.

The fourth time I had to go to the ER to have the stinger removed because what happened was I picked up a rock and closed my hand around it and a bee. I ended up shoving the stinger into my palm so deep my mom couldn't take it out.

The fifth time, very funny...it went through my ear LOL
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm told I was stung a couple times as a kid...either it was me or my brother but one of us stepped on an bee and the other crushed one on the handle of our trike (can't remember which was which).
    The last time I was stung I was 15 (so 17 years ago) and getting in the car after school. I sat on a freaking bee that stung me behind the knee. My dad just kept telling me to suck it up and I kept telling him it hurt a lot and cried all the way home. By that night my leg was so swelled up (from mid calf all the way to my hip) that I couldn't bend my knee at all and couldn't get my pants over it. I was in a lot of pain for several days before the swelling slowly went away. I'm afraid to think of what would happen if I got stung again.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have been stung many times and found out with the last sting that I have a slight allergy to them. I was stung under the arm (you know that nice, sensitive spot) and ended up with blood poisioning. I have also kneeled on a bee.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My main concern about bee stings is that one might be allergic to it. I put my hand on top of a concrete letrine( yes in the old country) that wasclosed, and had a cherry tree next to it,and I was trying to get on top of the letrine to get to the cherries.. I was 5 yrs old. and it did hurt a lot, and my grandma had to take the sting out.

Both my kids got stung and they cried a little, My grandbaby didn't even flinch when she was stung a couple of summers ago.

Madrepor2ndavez

Answer by Madrepor2ndavez at 12:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2009