Should my son be holding his head up by 2 and a half months old?

MAMABEAR7210

Asked by MAMABEAR7210 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby was real steady with it before we even lef the hospital, at one month she was rolling over. some babies do, some babies take longer.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It depends on the kid. my oldest didn't until four months. My middle one did at two and a half months. And the youngest was about 10 weeks. I wouldn't worry. I would give more tummy time to help strengthen those muscles.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Pick up the "Dr. Sears Baby Book." It's like an instruction manual for babies.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my dd was holding her head up and "looking" around on the day she was born. my friend's baby took a few months to be able to do that. it is different for everyone. i agree with the other mom who said to give more tummy time.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My baby was really strong at birth too. But you can help them learn hour to do it by helping them go from laying on your leg (when your knees are up and you are saying down) to a sitting position very slowly. Like a half-sit up for baby. It a fun game for them if you go "up upupup upup upup up up up" in a really excited way too.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009