Doctor wants me to stop working?!?!?!

Ok I am only eleven weeks and am having complications with my pregnancy. which isnt a surprise, but if I quit my family will have NO Income. We already have a two year old. My husband is a stay at home dad, and I am the bread winner. We live in a town that is extremely hard to find work. Do I go against doctors orders until he gets a job, or quit and pray for the best?? I am so confused I have no clue what to do or where to turn. Any ideas would be great.

Keolasmom

Asked by Keolasmom at 11:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• talk to your doctor, explain the situation and ask what if any other options you have. i personally would not quit until my husband found a job, unless you have enough saved to live off of for at least 6 months. if it were just you and your husband i'd say quit and hope for the best, but you've already got one little one to feed and will be feeding another one soon, if you lose your house that'll be more stressful than working
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If the doctor says to quit working than he probably has a pretty good reason and seems to think that the baby is at a great risk if you continue working ! I really know that it is hard to find employment but your husband really needs to try to find employment for the sake of the baby and you! I don't know what kind of work you do but if its sitting than I Might think about staying for a while longer but if you have a highlystressed job running around with your head cut off than I would recommend that you do as the doc says! I have been in this position before and it is really hard ( I was a single mom) I ended up having to move in with my mom and after the baby was born I went back to work and got back on track! Sometimes we as parents have to make hard decisions!! Good luck hon!! God will provide you with what you need!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Get on welfare at least you'll have insurance coverage and foodstamps while your husband finds a job, that's what it's there for and you pay into might as well use it, don't put yourself and your body through that stress good luck
    Anonymous

• Go on medical leave. You don't need to quit your job. That's why we have medical leave.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 11:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• As a preemie mom, I'd do what the doctor tells you. If you don't stop working, you can put on bedrest until the babies born. Also, if it's that serious..your pregnancy will not go all that great. I would talk to your job and see what they can do for you.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Try to take it easy at work, but don't quit yet and ask your husband if he could work for a while till you are better. Talk to your doctor if there's a note to give to your boss saying that you can't do certain things.
    Fennnyyy

Answer by Fennnyyy at 3:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009