Anyone else avoiding manicures & polish while they are pregnant? I really need one!! but afraid to use nail polish

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have always kept my nails polished while pregnant
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't think there is any harm in wearing polish, if you are worried then just make sure you are in a well ventilated area so you aren't breathing a lot of fumes. I polish mine all the time. Hope that helps!
    SKSmom24

Answer by SKSmom24 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Try a nail buffer and buffing cream. It will make your nails shine.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't go to the nail place to get it done.....the fumes nearly knock me out every time I walk past those places since I found out I was pregnant! So right now I just do mine at home. Your nails should grow super fast and super strong, and sally hensen makes this stuff called "hard as wraps" that is actually acrylic gel, and it comes in a lot of different colors, as well as clear so you can use it as a top coat if you want. It works really well and actually does make it look as though you went to a salon. Just make sure to wait about 15 minutes in between coats!

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Nail polish is fine just don't go sniffing it. A manicure will be so good for you. There so relaxing!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Polish is fine, I dont go and get mine done becuase of all the other chemical smells though. Just do them you self, sit outside or in the bathroom with the fan on
    edenmoseley

Answer by edenmoseley at 12:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Psh... I didn't care. I got pedicures all the time. Go for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I got both of mine done once right before my baby shower, and went to a "spa" in town that doesn't smell horrible at all when you walk in or anything. Maybe there is a place like that you could go to.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i asked my doctor this question, he said there was no problem with getting manicures or waering nail polish while pregnant.
    froggiedee

Answer by froggiedee at 1:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009