how were you proposed to?

did your SO do something creative, or something traditional etc...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• DH and I agreed to get married, but he proposed to me on top of a hill that over looks the Army base in Arizona.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well his first proposal was in the car and i was like i'll marry you but you gotta do better than that. so he proposed again, with a ring, in front of the gas station we met at then we went to a nice dinner. so it was kinda original except the people waiting in line at the bathroom thought he'd lost his mind and me too when i said yes, but hey we met in front of the bathroom, so i thought it was sweet
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Well my DH proposed on new years 05-06 and i had a few to drink. he did it in front of his family. AND on video. Nice huh?
    later on i i found out that he wanted to do it then only bc he didnt know when do to it later.
    FYI we were only dating for 9 months when we got engaged
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My hubby actually was gonna surprise me with the proposal by taking me out to dinner and then popping the question at the restaraunt...but I squeezed it out of him and he proposed to me in the doorway of our old trailer in front of his mom.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I asked my husband first :) We had been together 6 months and it just flew out of my mouth one day. I knew I wanted to marry him, and he had left everything he'd ever known to be with me, so I wasn't afraid of the answer. He was a little taken aback, but he said yes. We made it official when he proposed to me with a cheap ring at the gas station. He ran in for coffee before I dropped him off at work. He opened the door and said "Squishes (his pet name for me), will you marry me?" I, of course, said yes. I gave him back the ring that night, though, because he broke a promise to me and I was pissed :p The next day though, the engagement was back on. We got married a year later.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• mine took me to dinner with his sister then him and i went to mesa temple with the christmas lights on. i knew he was going to ask me cause he seemed anxious for something the few days before. h was going to propose the night before but i got the runs. so no dice. anyway there were lots of people there and he got down on one knee and asked me. i was so happy. it's not as unique as others i have heard but looking back through our wedding pics we saw that we had a pic taken in the very same spot he proposed and we didn't think to do that. also as for the runs had he asked me that day thn it would of fell on my ex and i's wedding anniversary. we also got married in the month i divorced my ex. so it must be fate, of coure it was. were the perfect pair. which was our theme. pears with leaves that read the perfect pair.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My fiancee and I had actually talked about it and were going to go get hitched right away (now planning a Vegas wedding the last day of this month). Anyway we talked about it then went ring shopping and once we were home he told me I could wear my ring whenever I wanted to but I told him he had to put it on me (he had told me a few days before he was still gonna ask me to marry him once we found a ring). Well when the kids finally left us alone long enough he was about to ask when my annoying ass neighbor knocked on the door to talk to Rich (he wanted to borrow money from my man :| grrr). Rich ended up asking me standing in the kitchen at dusk with the lights off. I thought he just wanted a hug but he grabbed my hand and slipped the ring on my finger and asked. I told him of course and said yes about 10 times then he picked me up which I thought we were gonna end up on the floor lol.
    baby_headbanger

Answer by baby_headbanger at 1:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My hubby was playing with my oldest daughter at the quarter machines in walmart while i checked out and he had won a ring and in front of everyone as i was walking out he proposed to me with a ring that you had to bend to fit lol!! the whole store cheered very very embarissing!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It was wonderful! We made love and then listened to music. He said he didn't even plan it this way, but it felt so right. He said to come out in the living room, he candles lite and He put on a song that special to us. And sang it to me, then got down on one knee and said Lindsay will you marry me? I cried it was the most romantic, simple and sweet way to purpose. I will never forget it!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My dh and i talked about it and picked out a ring. Well I was having a really really bad night at work. (I was a server in a bar at a restaurant and we were busy and i was the only waitress w/ a full bar). He saw i was having a bad night and i was ordering drinks for all of my tables. I turned around and he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him. of course i said yes and started crying. That was one of my best nights at that place.
    izzybear0217

Answer by izzybear0217 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009