ADDICTED TO CIGARETTES

Please help me .
Lately my boyfriend got hooked on cigarettes.
We've been together for about 3 years now and he hasn't smoked until last month. He started off with one or two a day..
now its one or two PACKS a day :(
I AM LOOSING IT..
I don't know what to do..
HELP . PLEASE .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• hell, he could be addicted to alcohol...lighten up lady
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Chances are if he doesn't want to quit there is nothing you can do. But if he wants to quit PM me, I work with a few options that will help him to quit... I can give you the info.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• He doesnt want to but I am really worried and want him to stop..
    He has a lot of stress going on and he seems to think it just helps his stress level but really it makes his chance of dying so much higher...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• They are very addicting and if under stress or in pain it can be near impossible to break the habit. I'm a smoker myself and usually I just have 4-5 a day but if I'm in pain or really stressed I can smoke twice as much. Let him know how you feel and tell him to think about his health. Tell him you want him to be around to grow old with. Hope that helps.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Been there, done that :(((
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Really, I think smoking is a better habit then he could have picked up. I don't want to sound mean or harsh, but would you prefer him to be an alcoholic? I know you are worried, but it is ultimately his decision. You can't FORCE him to quit. You can make rules about his smoking around you and your children, but that is about as far as you can go to "make" him quit.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• whatever you do dont express that it pisses you off cause then he will do i tbehind your back and once they can hide something that little itll be easier for them to hide more! been there done that!! im not necissarly saying to support him in this descion just let him know you would perfer he did it outside and away from you and the kid/kids! and when he is gonna pick up a kid make him change his shirt adn was his hands cause 3rd hand smoking is dangerous!! and hell realize that its not worht the hassel to go thru all that!! i use to be a smoker and that was what my hubby did to me!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2009