Baby not moving....

i am 34 weeks pregnant and i can not get my little one to kick me...it hit me like an hour ago that she had not been moving at all the last few hours so i layed down and ate some candy and drank some juice and she has only moved once...any advice on what i should do??

christinaevans6

Asked by christinaevans6 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First off, don't panic. It's really common at this stage of pregnancy to notice a decrease in movements. Your little girl is running out of room in there! Also, babies sleep a lot in utero. Tomorrow morning, when your baby's usual active period starts, count kicks. If you don't get 10 within 2 hours call your doctor. Or you can call your doctor first thing if you're really panicking. Or you could go to L&D tonight if you're really freaking out or if you really feel like something might be wrong. They will probably do a non stress test, where they put you on the monitor for a half hour and track your baby's heartbeat.

Trust your instinct. If you really feel like something is very wrong, then stay calm, but go to L&D for a test. Bottom line, you are the best judge to make this call.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• maybe she is just taking a long nap, with my last boy he went for hours not kicking me and the Dr. said he was just sleeping
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I SERIOUSLY would at least call them..

Please..it may not mean much to you, but it would make me feel soo much better if you at least called them...
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 12:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If you have felt movement... even just a little- and you feel fine- just relax. Ati-13 gave a great answer!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2009