Sharp pain when walking...

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and lately whenever I'm walking, usually grocery shopping, I will get a sharp pain low in my uterus that I just have to stop and kinda hold myself for a moment. I have no idea what this is. It never happened with my first..Any ideas? Does this happen to anyone else?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• didn't happen w/my first happened w/my second. i was told it was the baby dropping but i wondered if that was it b/c it lasted for weeks (not the pain but i would get the pains) and they were shooting pains from about my belly button down to my cervix. but my doc kept telling me that was what it was and that it was normal for the pains to last that long in some women. she said i didn't get it w/my first b/c i had an early induction/c-section at 38 weeks and first babies drop later in the pregnancy. with my second it started around 35 weeks and lasted til i had him
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sounds like round ligament pain. It's kind of on the side, by your hip bone, right? That's very normal, and it's caused by the strain on the ligaments holding up the uterus. Just take it kind of easy (but keep walking if it doesn't hurt too bad! It's so good for you!).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Round ligament pain! - it is more pronounced with each subsequent child... since your body has already stretched one time, you are going to feel it more as the baby drops.

HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have that two, never with my 1st though... Dr told me it is form the scaring of ,my 1st pregnancy, but I had a c-section.
    edenmoseley

Answer by edenmoseley at 3:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009