just need some reasureance

I know what im doing is right i just need some support.Im 17 and my son is 9 months old his father cheated on me more then 7 times while we have been together. I finally had enough and i kicked hiim out of my house and my life altogether. I am pretty sure i have done the right thing i just cant help but feeling like some how i didnt make him happy and thats why he did it. I really just need some one to tell me that what i did is okay and im not making a huge mistake keeping him out of my life

serenaxxmarie

Asked by serenaxxmarie at 12:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• You're not making a huge mistake and you ARE doing the right thing!! Trust me, I'm in a similar situation myself, currently, with my husband, which complicates it more. It's going to be better in the long run for you to end it sooner then later. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You're a good mother and you're a good person and you are doing the right thing for yourself and your baby! You deserve to find happiness with someone who will treat you right.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• When you know enough is enough you have to push him away! You are much to young to settle for a guy who could care less about you. You deserve to be happy with a faithful man but men at that age are not men at all! Focus on you and your baby! You are doing the right thing, I know it's hard now but just remember how you felt each time he cheated. Good luck!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 12:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i would have done the same thing. he's the one messed up if he cheated on you, so it's not your fault.
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Don't waste your precious years with such a guy. And do not blame yourself. Men who are inclined to cheat will do so even if they are married to wonderful women. Beautiful women are being cheated on all the time. You are making the right choice by moving on. Haven't you heard of stories of the "other woman" who who cheats and then marries the man she cheats with and then that man ends up cheating on her? Some men just can't help themselves - they get bored once they have conquered. And some women don't care because the men have other attributes (wealth, fame). But that's their decision. You have a son and you are young. Don't waste your time with this guy; he will continue to cheat, and if you stayed with him, he might eventually find someone he wants to run away with. Then, where are you? You've lost all those years staying with him.
    PaloAltan

Answer by PaloAltan at 1:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I completely agree with the other posters. You absolutely did the right thing. You and your little one have your whole life ahead of you. That guy would only make excuse after excuse. Don't take him back because someone like that will not change. Don't blame yourself for his weakness. You do what is best for you and your child. You be strong because you deserve to be happy. Don't waste any more time on him. Be strong as an individual and everything else will fall into place.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree with all the previous posters also... You are doing the right thing and he doesn't deserve someone who is willing to stand by him... Rock on momma you will make it!!
    baby_headbanger

Answer by baby_headbanger at 5:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It wasn't because of you, a man like that is stupid enough to do that to anyone, even if they treat him like a king. He did it because he is selfish, disrespectful, and is so self-absorbed that he can't see the value of a woman, nor give her the respect she needs. Men like that are the one's who aren't good enough. They are the one's who did something wrong. He's not good enough to be with someone like you, and don't you forget that. You're young and you have your whole life ahead of you. There will be another man that is good enough for you, and can treat you right, just give it time and focus on your love for your son. He's more important, and so are you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2009