He loves this!

My 5 3/4 old son...he is about a week from being 6 months discovered he loves taco bueno bean and cheese burritos!! I know there are prob gonna be some moms that will go nuts on me for feeding him this, but what do you think...is it okay? He hasn't shown any signs of belly problems or allergies...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm.... well, some babies are ready for solids a little early. 6 months is really the minimum though. And that's for foods like fruits and veggies. There are some good nutrients in beans, but cheese is going to be hard on his system, and the white flour in the tortillas isn't really great, either, espeically since wheat is such a common allergen. I know it's tough, but give it just a little longer. Table foods can wait, he will only be a tiny baby for a very short time... don't rush :) Start him off on some easily digested fruits and veggies.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If he hasnt spit up then his stomach doesnt mind, but I would say no on the cheese. And just try to only give nutritional things to them. My opinion of course. My sister gave her 6month old steak. I have given my 6m/o refried beans, fruits, veg, puffs, and sometimes I will let her taste what I am eating if it is on the healthier side. I dont want her to have the bad habits of eating $H%T like I have.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I posted this....Forgot that part...he doesn't eat the tortilla. And has been on jar foods for a lil over a month now and on cereal by spoon since 2 1/2 months. I try not to give the cheese too cuz I know they really shouldn't have it il around 9 months. I'm not trying to rush him to grow up by all means...he just really loves this stuff! lol

Thank you for the comment!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my son has eaten almost everything i eat since 6 months he was on baby food at two months because he was interesed in what i was eating and would cry if he didn't get what i had, so i asked his dr, only thing his dr said not to give him was eggs.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Dairy and wheat are both allergy trigger foods and should not be given to a baby under the age of 1. Beans are great, though, loaded with fiber, calcium and iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009