Wedding reception

Where did you hold your wedding reception? How much did it cost you? Do you recommend it? Any advice is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Well my wedding was small, and I had the reception in my sisters back yard, so Free! Theres all sorts of places you could have it, depending on how big or small or fancy the wedding is going to be. You could have it in a friends yard, a park, a nice restraunt. I know alot of people who get married in my small town have it at the community center. Thats also where Prom is held in my town. You could have it at the beach if you are close to one, lake or ocean. Good luck and Congrats!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• we had our reception at Kiwanis camp (organization up here) my mom knew the head of the board, and bartered landscape design and planting for the party.
    I think in all it cost $1000 for the hall (with rooms for accomodation), and the food
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We had our reception at a hotel on the beach. We had a minimum amount of money we had to spend and I think it was around $3500-4000. We had a small wedding with only 40 guests so we were able to add an open bar and some other stuff and we still didn't meet the minimum by just a little bit. The hotel let us go with the lesser amount, but I think it was around $3500.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We had ours in our back yard. It was a simple cook-out BBQ style with a tropical theme. the pig on the cooker was $300 and my family made all the sides. The liquor and the beer cost the most! LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009