Did you know know you can help balance the unequal news coverage?

nbc/msnbc is owned by GE which if they are sweet on Obama GE will get money from the govt. They should also be extra hard on the right wing people like Sarah Palin ect., I switched to abc news and stopped buying GE products! Bill O rielly report

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• GE/NBC are so in the tank for Obama its pathetic. Anyone who relies on NBC/MSNBC for their news is seriously Lacking.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I switched to abc news and stopped buying GE products!

***

The problems with that are that ABC is now going to be the "All Barack Channel" starting June 24th when every major news shows (including hte AM programming) will be broadcast live from the White House, and GE is the exclusive distributor of CFL (spiral) lightbulbs, which are exclusively made in China, and are going to force the phase out of regular (incandescent) lightbulbs by the year 2014--unless that plan is overturned.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Are you kidding me? You can't seriously think I will believe all that. Is this something FOX has told you and you follow blindly? this is so darn funny.....but pathetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I turn on Fox news even if I am not watching, just to keep their ratings high.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You're on the right track, but if you really want to stop contributing to the problem you need to be watching Fox news. That's the only station that one the journalism integrity award for fair and balanced coverage of the election.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I find it ironic that the station that calls itself "fair and balanced" is anything but, and MSNBC makes no claims whatsoever about that and actually is. I know when I watch CNN or MSNBC, the conservative guests on any given show will be given as much respect as the regulars (like Pat Buchanan) and not talked over, shouted down, and cut to commercial when they are in the middle of speaking!

yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 10:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• First MSNBC is not the MSM and FOX news is worse than ANY OTHER "NEWS" station. Turn them OFF and stop buying teh New York Post....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes, GE is part of the government in many ways. I stopped bying their products long ago. IF more stations had opposing views on they would be more equal news coverage but the msmdon't want it that way. Fox has opposing views on every hour of every day. The only thing the msm does with opposing views is bash it to death.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I prefer Fox because they tend to cover things I am interested in. The are obviously "right" leaning, and the other networks are left leaning. GE will probably end up being overseen by the Federal Reserve, and then I think MSNBC, and their sister companies might lose some ratings. Is there really any "fair and balanced" news out there, I think not. You must educate and decide for yourself what to believe.
    JZamora13

Answer by JZamora13 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Lorikeet - GE is not the exclusive distributor to CFLs. Home Depot and Lowes both carry more than one distributor of CFLs.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009