Do you use the word Ain't? Interesting facts:

In the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz, upon receiving his medal, the Cowardly Lion exclaims, "Look what it says: 'Courage'. Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!"

Bugs Bunny's catchphrase, "Ain't I a stinker?"

The word ain't has been around a long damn time!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ugh ya.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm sure it's been around longer than the 30s!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• 1838 novel Oliver Twist..Fagin -"see what a pride they take in their profession, my dear. Ain't it beautiful?"

Yep, prettyrayray....way before the 30's!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes I do I know it's bad english oh well if thats the worst habbit I have I'm doing pretty good lol
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Wow Ron, you did your research! lol, See I told you it is a word in the dictionary but it isn't proper grammar! It is just a word that originated in the olden days in the south. I don't use it unless I want to act sassy.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We weren't allowed to use the word when I was in elementary school back in the 70's (ayuh, I'm old!) so there was a joke that went around that I still say today that goes, "There ain't no such word as ain't."
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009