How Do I Get my Daughter start making better choices again?

I am the one was asking about how do I handle a bad teenager and so i phoned her school and get the school conulier to talk to her to see why she is drinking,smoking and all the other bad choices and when they talk to her and then they let me know they said that she said is upset because she was the reason at first for why her dad left me back when she was 3 weeks old and that she is upset cause her favorite grandma passed away 3 years ago now that was her dads mom and she was the reason why he left me but not any more and he told her that so she is making bad choices right now cause she is upset about how her felt about her back when she was 3 weeks old and about her grandma bring gone now I can't go near her dad at all its not safe for me and making these bad choices is her way for letting it all out. How Can I get her to get over all of this?

Sandy_Grease

Asked by Sandy_Grease at 1:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Sandy: its me ur ex sister in-law I think krystal probely should stay away from Dusty until she is over this cuz when she goes around him and looks at him it just reminds her that she was the reason and he just had his hopes up to high on that day she was born he really wanted a boy but he is happy with her today and im sure she knows that but then she knows he was not happy at first that she was girl and with being around him just reminds her of it so i think she should just stay away from him right now until she is over it and with her fav grandma i dont blame her still being upset like yea it was Dustys mother that died but it was my mother too and i still get upset once in awhile.
    Suzy_Starlight

Answer by Suzy_Starlight at 2:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• maybe you should consider having her see a therapist on a regular basis. She needs to confront her feelings of her dad and grandmother before she can start changing her lifestyles. It may not be enough for you to talk to her. She needs someone who has a bias opinion. Someone who does not know her. Just be there to support her in her long recovery.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• She needs to be in counseling and NOW.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• She might need to see a councilor to help her to see that it's not her fault that her dad left, or that her grandmother died. Her dad had his reasons for doing what he did when he did it, and it was just her grandmother's time to move on and do other things. She's blaming herself for things that were not in her control. She also needs to be told everyday that you love her no matter what. and that she is a good person.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• People don't realize that you can't make someone do anything. It's called free will, you can only hope that they make the right choices. If she learns to love herself , and realize that it's not her fault, she will change (on her own). Right now she is punishing herself.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sandy: Krystal needs some counseling she can go to the school councilor but school is almost done for the yr. U r right its not safe for u to be near Dusty and that is ur fault u just couldn't stop trying to get back together with him and now he is at the point that he wants get his gun and kill u and I think Krystal should stay away from Dusty and his family for right now cuz it was his mother that died and he is the one that took off when he found out she was a girl and u r the one that told krystal what he did and now she can't get over it and remeber I got preg by him before u did and when I told him Im preg he told me to do the thing where I kill the baby inside of me and I didn't to him just because he was not ready to be a parent didn't mean I wasn't.
    Blackey76

Answer by Blackey76 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009