Pro-lifers

Am I a bad person?
I was molested from before I can remember until I was about 9yrs old by the closest thing to a father figure I've ever had. I had no father. When I was 14 I was pressured to have sex with my boyfriend. I told him no. But he did it anyways. I got pregnant. With my moms support I had an abortion. 2 years later, due to my own actions, I got pregnant again. I planned on keeping it. But miscarried. I am still pro-choice politically, but am anti-abortion for myself. I never regrett anything in life because if I did anything differently I wouldnt be who I am today.

How can you put so much stress on the life of the possible child and not on the one who is already living?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You are NOT a bad person. We all have free will and make the choices that we feel are best for us. There will be the ones that will kick you when you're down but that is to make theirself feel better. Never mind them, they should not judge until they have walked a mile in your shoes.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i'm sorry you were molested. i don't mean to be insensitive, but how did your father figure molesting you really relate to you getting pregnant at 14. sorry if i make you mad or offend you in any way. i just couldnt see the correlation & would like an explanation before i come to any conclusions
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• defenseless baby and you are not, but we are all bad without our LORD ROMANs 10: 12,13
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well, when my boyfriend pressured me I didnt know what to do. It's not like it felt "wrong" to me. It was the only way a guy had ever "given" any kind of love to me. My boundries were already broken down too. It was easy. It was new and scary. It was "normal".
    Of course, now i am an adult and i can see clearly that that is not love. You may find (if you do some research) that many girls molested as children are more prone to being raped or abused in other ways later on in life.
    Anonymous

• Anon :55 sometimes when someone is molested it makes them go through a period in life when they feel like they are just sexual objects that only get attention when it comes to their sexuality. I could get more into detail but I speak from an experience that happened to me. I was not touched by my predator but he did do stuff that made me so uncomfortable and at one point suicidal.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oh ok, OP said it better then I did!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• that shoulds say it WASNT new and scary. ...sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• ASk God to forgive you and ask him to come into your heart because of Jesus death and wash away all your sins with his blood! YOU WILL SEE YOUR BABY'S AGAIN IN HEAVEN ONE DAY BUT DO NOT PROMOTE THE IDEAOLOGY THAT ABORTION IS OKAY!please?

ps Jesus really loves you and all he has made! Jeremiah 1:5
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry all of that happened to you. My biological mother was a 14-year-old rape victim. I was a product of that rape. I can't sit here and judge you based on your personal situation any more than you could judge me for being born or my birthmom for her decision. It is what it is and I don't know you. Who we are and what we've been through are large parts of what our personal and political beliefs will be.

You assume that someone that argues the personhood of a fetus, and that it perhaps needs protecting, is automatically disregarding the well being of the mother carrying the fetus. While I can't speak for everyone, I can tell you that this is not true for me. The reason I value the life of a fetus is because I believe it has personhood (at least past a certain point) and I therefore advocate for the well being of ALL life. I prefer talking about and promoting prevention. No morral qualms there for me :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• See OP and NovemberLove! now your question and your answers had to go and make me cry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2009