Do you have or have you had an IUD?

I wanted to get an iud after my son is born in september but I heard there are still problems with it. Has anyone had any problems with this birth control?

ElijahsMommy09

Asked by ElijahsMommy09 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• i have the mirena and i hate it
    i have had it for a little over a year now and I now have a large cyst that has to be surgically removed because it will not dissolve on it's own. I have severe headaches, mood swings, cramps, dizziness, nausea, and sore boobs. It causes all of the pregnancy symptoms plus more. I am having it removed and having my tubes tied. Plus, it decreases your sex drive and the only good thing about it, is I stopped having my period. I hope this helps...In my opinion, this is the worst form of birth control I have ever been on. I would stick with the pill.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I also have the mirena... I have had it for almost 3 years now and I dont mind it at all!!! I had a huge cyst before I got pregnant with my last child and it went away because of my last pregnancy (3years ago in October) it never came back and I havent had any more since I have been on the IUD... I must say though that there are times that I have a period and other months when I dont! It kinda sucks, but then again, its okay! I got pregnant on the pill and also on the depo shot and I was EXTREMELY faithful to both of them!!! So.... the IUD works for me... works wonders... I still get moody and stuff around the time that I do or the time that I usually would have my period... but that is just regular period stuff! Good luck!!! I LOVE the IUD!!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I used the IUD, and loved it, I never had any problems.
    bgdvil

Answer by bgdvil at 5:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• IUDs have a long, sordid history. A diaphram is completely safe, hormone free, has no side effects, no history of class action lawsuits or infertile women.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have the Paragard IUD which has no hormones. All BC has some sort of issues with it you just have to choose which ones you want to take a chance with and can live with. Personally I can't do hormones because of my reaction to them and DH and I don't like having to insert something like a diaphragm every time so we chose the IUD since we aren't sure if we are done.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I had 2 ten year copper IUD's and got pregnant on both of them.
    CANDYLC

Answer by CANDYLC at 8:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I had the Paragard copper IUD and loved it. I'll be getting it again after this child is born.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have Mirena and I agree with 2wndrfl_btrflys. I've been thinking about getting mine taken out. I've had it for almost 9 months now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I worship at the altar of the inventors of the Mirena. I love that thing. I've had it for almost 2 years and it has been wonderful. I have no problems, no periods, it's not messy, intrusive, or annoying, I don't have to remember to take a pill, it's just great.
    jessicas718

Answer by jessicas718 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i have the copper IUD and bless the day i got it!!! very light periods every three months and no hormones. the only complaint i have is i get acne around that time of th emonth but i can deal with that for the next 10 years as long as i know im not going to get pregnant again!!
    aidensema

Answer by aidensema at 8:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2009