been having problems.

When i was a teenager i got off birth control. That messed me up and stopped my periods for a while. After a year or 2 with having a period every other month, i finally got normal again. Well its been a couple years. Now me and my fiancée are trying to have a baby.. and my periods stopped coming again. Its so stressful. I have heard that if i go get back on birth control it would make my periods regular again.. well i went but i guess i was SO stressed out about everything, they said my blood pressure was real high and sent me to another doctor. Well they said they will have to do 7 diff. types of blood work.. which each one is $80-$100. So, until i can get the money for all that, im stuck.. anyone have any ideas on what i can do until then?? Or does anyone know who has been through this that can give me any advise?

sashes4x4

Asked by sashes4x4 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• do you suppect you might have PCOS? Have you gone in yearly for your paps? It could be a number of things right now. Your ins doesn't cover these tests?
    Unfortuently, there's not much you can do but get the tests done to find out what's going on. I know itt's hard not to stress, but it will get better. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I was on birth control as a teen for about 10 years, after i got off my periods came every 4 months. Dr's told me for years because of this I would not be able to have a baby the natural way, well 5 years later I am prego, I am still very shocked by it because my period was 3 months late again and I wasn't prego until recently. I was told that even though you may not get your period normally you can still ovulate. I would say just relax and it may happen. I kind of just put it out of my mind and it happend. Good luck!
    mommyetter09

Answer by mommyetter09 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009