My 5 month old has "man gas"

My 5 month old for a couple of weeks now has had very smelly gas, it literally smells like man gas. He is exclusively breastfed, he has zero junk or even "tastes" of adult food in his diet, so I am not sure what could be causing this. I don't remember my first baby having gas like this. Should I be worried?

wondermeg

Asked by wondermeg at 2:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe it's something you are eating or drinking that he is slightly allergic to. Dairy? Eggs?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i breastfeed my daughter an she got bad gas in the past from cretin things ive eat. just take things out of you diet little by little things that you think could be doing it. experiment a lil just to see if its from your diet
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 2:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thank you! That was my first thought, but I second guessed myself. I will have to try this and see how it goes.
    wondermeg

Answer by wondermeg at 3:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Do his stools smell too? Maybe he has a mild virus.
    cookingmanager

Answer by cookingmanager at 4:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2009