i miss my bed...

my son is 4 weeks old for the past 2 weeks every night if not all night part of the night he has slept downstairs in his bouncy seat or his pack n play. every time i try to get him in his bassinet upstairs he wakes up 5 mins after i put him in it...any tips. have tried making sure he's warm and covered, putting my hand on his tummy til he calms down and goes back to sleep, and those worked for my daughter, hes def different than her and those will not work. if i rock him and put him in the pack n play he stays out, and if i rock him til hes almost asleep and put him in the bouncy seat he passes out. so i miss my bed, the couch is starting to get too small and i was starting to enjoy my freedom in my bed b/c hubby's deployed (not that i'm happy just that i finally got used to it again) so help me i want my bed back its soo comfy!

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 2:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try moving his bouncy or pack and play up stairs to his room or yours
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Move the bouncy chair to your room. My dd used to sleep in her swing. We slowly moved it to her room and then turned it off when we went to bed. Eventually she got used to sleeping in her room and not swinging and we were able to transition her to her crib. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my dd is 10 weeks now and the only thing she will sleep in at night is her sweet peace swing (that thing is sooo named right lol) But I agree with the others move what he is comfortable sleeping in into where you want him to sleep. We had to move dd's swing upstairs and since then we've all been sleeping through the nigh. Good Luck =)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 2:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i agree, move it to the bedroom!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try to get her to nap in the bassinet during the day, so that way she'll get used to it but not keep you awake as much at night, and after a while maybe she will be able to sleep in it at night!
    leahs_mom_kate

Answer by leahs_mom_kate at 9:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• are those things like bolted to the floor in your living room? move them into your room!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2009