Do your kids belive in Santa?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I teach my kids that Santa is not a real person. But a symbol of the spirit of giving! My older son has told me that he's going to believe in Santa anyways. He is 4yrs old. And that's fine. He knows the truth, but wants to pretend. So to some point i will cater to that. My younger son does not believe in Santa as a real person. And it has actually helped him get over his fear of Santa picture day at Christmas time. LOL. ...he is 3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• grrrr. that first response is me. i did NOT hit the anon button.

maybe CM should move the anon box somewhere else, so that it is less likely to get hit accidentaly.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Same thing has been happening to me! Other phantom type O's are appearing in my answers!
    To answer the question, I had a wonderful 9 years of pretending that Santa works hand in hand with Baby Jesus but now he is 10 and this past Christmas I told him that his faith in God helped him be a good boy and Jesus helped me to afford his gift.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• They absolutely do!!! I was always taught that he didn't exist, and I feel that I missed out on something. My husband believed in Santa, and wasn't hurt when he found out he wasn't real. So it was an easy decision for us.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my sons to young, but i believed in him until i was about 13, when i found out the writing looked identical to my aunts. I'm going to let my son believe in him if he chooses too.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I still believe in Santa!!! www.santaland.com/stories/virginia. - One of my favorite articles!!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I believed in Santa until I was thirteen, too. I don't know if my husband did, but his little sister is nine and was taught he wasn't real. That is fine for me except she goes around telling all the other kids that he isn't and they are stupid for believing and to me that isn't right. I am going to have my son believe in him if he wants to. I would feel like a part of my childhood was missing if I didn't try to stay up late to catch some fat man breaking into our house.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i never believed in santa..and neither does my 5 yr old..she does get her picture taken with santa every year, but i tell her that santa is someone who takes presents to children who are in need (we donate alot at christmas time)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes my son does. DH belived in Santa till he was 12.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I still believe in the spirit of St Nick. My son did believe in Santa until he was 11. I miss him waiting up until late to wait on Santa, trying to catch him in the act
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2009