DOES ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM

EVERYTIME ME AND MY HUBBY HAVE A CONVERSATION HE ALWAYS SAY STUFF LIKE WOMEN DONT UNDERSTAND OR WOMEN ARE TO SENSITIVE AND HE ALWAYS ACTS LIKE WOMEN NEED A MAN FOR EVERYTHING OR WE CANT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT A MAN. AND IT IS REALLY OFFENSIVE TO ME TO THE POINT THAT WE HAVE AN ARGUMENT. HE ALWAYS NEEDS HIS EGO STROKED AND IT PISSES ME OFF.

WHAT SHOULD I DO

nisi48

Asked by nisi48 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Men want/need to feel needed. Stroke his ego in other ways. when he does something nice for you make sure you acknowledge it. even if its just something little. And you may also consider leaving little "love notes" around the house for him to find. It might cut down on his lack of appreciation for you, and yet still make him feel appreciated.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• that's funny, my husband always complains that i am not sensitive enough. i am not the romantic or mush type at all. he doesn't like that i never ask for his help in anything. he's the hopeless romantic one in our relationship. not me
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I am the same way RAI2001. I'm not affection or lovey dovey. He is. He have to ask me to be more affection and open towards him. So when he say stuff like that and down women I dont understand.
    nisi48

Answer by nisi48 at 3:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Men have to feel like the dominate one and if he don't feel that then he don't know what to feel he's like a lost little boy in a big world
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It sounds like he isn't the only one who needs ego stroking.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I FEEL MEN ONLY SAY THINGS LIKE THAT WHEN THEY ARE IN THE COMPANY OF NEEDY WOMEN. WHEN A MAN IS AROUND A WOMAN WHO IS MAKING HER OWN MONEY AND DONT NEED HIM FOR THAT SO NOW THEY HAVE TO COME WITH SOMETHING MORE. THAT REQUIRES A LITTLE MUCH OF THEM. MEN ARE INTIMIDATED BY THAT. THEY WILL NOT PUT THEMSELVES IN THAT SITUATION.
    loyaljazz

Answer by loyaljazz at 9:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• He's probably been rejected by women and or has had bad past experiences with women that has led to his total disrespect of women.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sounds like he either has an ago problem or he's insecure!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 11:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• You're probably asking him for help, even a little bit, on everything you do. Maybe without realizing it. You've got to start doing some stuff completely without his help, without even mentioning it.

See, if you do something on your own but mention it, then you still need a man for your sense of self-worth, which is just as bad as being helpless.
    KellyGirl101

Answer by KellyGirl101 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009