Can three month olds get psoriasis?

We have been battling rashes ever since birth. On his stomach he has these patches we thought were rashes, but they get worse and then fade and are always in the same exact spots. The shapes and location don't change. and it feels rough to the touch. I've seen psoriasis twice on men and it looks very similar. Does this sound like psoriasis?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my doc gave me Aquaphor baby healing ointment for her "rough patches" her face felt like sandpaper for the longest time, its seems to be helping. Is it open/weeping or scaly?
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 9:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• No, it sounds like eczema. My DS has had eczema since birth. I would try some Aquaphor or Vaseline on those spots after baths and see if that helps any. You may need to use some hydrocortizone briefly. If it gets better, it's probably eczema. I'm the QUEEN of eczema, so you can PM me if you want :0)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It is just really rough patches of skin. It is dry.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• try the aquaphor ointment, that might help.
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 9:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2009