Fileing for chapter 13 or 7

I have really bad credit and I am wanting to get it cleared up because I want to start new with my credit score. I am really in far in debt and have not enough money to clear it up. I just recently got married and someone told me that if you get married your credit will be combined with your spouse. Is that true? I've been wanting to file for chapter 13 or 7 but been scared to because I dont want to mess his credit up. But, I have to get out of this bind and start new.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• It wont mess up his credit, I filed for chapter 7 couple years ago and I was already married for couple of years, as long as his ss number is not on any of the credit cards that you didn't pay on his credit will not me damaged, and filing chapter 7 was the best thing I did, my credit score has gone up and doing well. Just talk to the people that you get the paperwork from they can't say much for legal reasons but they will put you on the right track
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• your credit wont affect his unless you apply for something together. and make late payments. I would contact a lawyer, some places have lawyers that will give free advice. I dont know how to file, good luck
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009