So, I was breastfeeding in target today on a lawn chair displayed

and I had a cover on so I am not exposing too much. All you see is my baby's feet kicking. Well, there was this woman walking through the isles and you can hear her kids in the basket asking for all sorts of things like bikes and what not and the mother rudely says no. That they don't even play with what they have at home. Then the girls see the chairs like I am sitting in and ask to sit. She says no. Then they see me and one girl says, "WHY DOES SHE GET TO SIT DOWN??" The lady gives me the dirtiest look. "She is resting." "I need to rest!" "Your sitting in a cart. You are resting, dammit."

WTF? Did anyone else get dirty looks and piss moms off for breastfeeding in public? hahaha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My personality would of had me smiling at the kids and waving at them and then smiling at the mother, too.

I have a quote that I say to my children all the time, "Be a duck," which means to just let if roll off your back like water rolls off a duck's back.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It doesnt sound to me like she was bein rude because you were breastfeeding, but rather because her kids were pissing her off (although I wasnt there so I have no idea).
    GirlsDropEm2

Answer by GirlsDropEm2 at 4:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• hahaha She gave me the dirtiest look. Like "Thanks. Now I have to give excuses for you, too!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sounds like she parked her broom outside in the parking lot!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• She sure did. I noticed she got a ticket for not putting enough money in the parking meter. Stupid b!tch. Can't fly your way out of the law.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Are you serious? Dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry if I'm missing it but, what does her comments have to do with you BFing?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• get over yourself. so you breastfeed, you're not the only one.
    and quite frankly, others are a little tired of the whole rights issue with bf.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• why not go to the bathroom and BF?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• OMG people if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it. Personally she didn't say a word about breastfeeding so that has nothing to do with the issue here, but I have gotten plenty of dirty looks for sitting and resting with my infants in places like that when DH was taking forever and most the time I wasn't nursing them, just plain resting. It sounds like this mom simply had a bad day (or maybe they are all like this) and was sick of her kids and didn't want to have to explain why you were sitting down in the frist place no matter what the reason was for you sitting down.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009