37 weeks pregnant and miserable with a cold

Is Benadryl safe? Any other remedies that will help? I am desperate here...

rwwmom

Asked by rwwmom at 7:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Regular sudafed is safe...but I would call my ob that late in the pregnancy just to make sure. That's the only thing they told me I could have.
    I'm sorry :( Hope you feel better!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would call my doctor to make sure, but mine prescribed me Sudafed (psuedoephedrine) when I was 22 weeks pregnant for a nasty cold. Also Tylenol nighttime to help me sleep, and benedryl. None of this should hurt the baby, but I would double check just to make sure. Remember, if you can't breath, neither can baby!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• OMG I'm am going through the SAME thing.

I'm 37 weeks 6 days pregant and MISERABLE!! I'm so afraid that I'm going to go into labor and not be able to breath!

I have an OB appointment today though so I'm going to tell her to fix me. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2009