Did anyone else get tired of this in college?

Yes, I get that there is going to be a lot of work....but why does it seem like most of my teachers assume that their class is the only one I'm taking?! Did anyone else feel this way in college?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 7:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I feel that way as well and I feel like some professors forget that we are an online class and we are not present for their lectures. Then when you get the test even though you read every chapter studied all their extra damn reading they gave you and read their online questions there are still three or four question that they only give the answers for in their lectures. Um hello we are not there for your lectures. It is so annoying.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes! I'm not in college now but when I was taking a few classes last year it was stupid! Not just the fact that most students have 3, 4, sometimes 5 or 6 classes but also they have their own kids to take care of and jobs to go to! That's why when I go back I'm just going to have to do 2 classes per semester. I will probably be 40 when I finish but hey atleast I finished! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes, I felt this way often. I can only remember one class though where it was really bad. This teacher assigned so much homework, and not just reading, like projects and other stuff. And it was only a 2 credit course! A lot of us complained on the Course Evaluation sheet we fill out at the end of the semester.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i am also going back to school in the fall but i did take classes a couple yrs ago.my thought was that most professors assumed that all woman were at college that was being paid for by the state.not that there is anything wrong with that i am glad these woman are going back to college,but not all woman are getting there college paid for by the state.i did get the feeling of what the heck are you doing here???
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• YES!

That's why I'm only going to take 1-2 courses per semester. GAH I just don't have kind of time or desire to work, go to school full time and raise a child. I'd rather just take my time where I can.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I remember in high school complaining to the teachers if two of them tried to schedule a test on the same day. The second one would also pick another day. That didn't work in college. Each semester was 16 weeks long and there was a test on week 4, 8, 12 and 16 in every class.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oh, yes. Tests were always the same week in every class it seemed. I remember having 20 credits one semester. That was the worst semester I ever had! It was like my 3rd year, so it was a lot of the really tough courses. I couldn't imagine going now with my son. The only thing the work interrupted then was my drinking schedule. I hope I will never have to go back......but with this economy, you just never know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yea i have Prof. like this all the time, i usually ended up dropping their classes..Some of my prof. were sensitive to that issue and tried to be more lax on their schedule!!! But i have too much going on in my personal life lately to deal with it..im trying to find the motivation now to go ahead and move forward again...working and going to school part time with an infant, i already feel overwhlemed. All the women who do more than i am deserve a cookie, i really dont know how you do it!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I don't know, I was always told that for every hour you spend in class, there should be 2-3 hours of work OUTSIDE of class. Sooo if a class meets for an hour M, W, F (3 hours) there should be 12-18 hours of out of class work. I took a lot of production classes (art major) so thankfully we could work on our projects in class but that hour of class=3 hours of homework was pretty true for my history and theory classes. I know that a few of my more advanced classes met for 2 hours twice a week (4 hours) demanded a MIN of 15 hours of homework. My last 2 years were nothing but class, work (I worked 30 hours a week too), and homework. Nothing else. But I was prepared for it and knew that I would have to commit myself 100% to get through it.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 9:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oh, I wanted to add that all my classes were for 3 credit hours but the physical time in class was anywhere from 2 hours a week to 8 hours a week (lecture vs. a studio/critique class). I balanced my schedule by taking some non-homework classes (ballet, modern dance) with heavy studio based classes.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 9:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2009