How strong do you believe in this theory: Millions of Litigation Bucks are Saved making Parents of Autistic Children think that this condition is Genetic and not caused by a Medical Malpractice?

Is this question worth of your time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not really.
    (1) Lots of the research linking autism to a genetic defect comes from other countries, not our own.
    (2) Most Congressmen are lawyers. If you look at the track record for Congress, you will find when there is an issue that could benefit either lawyers or doctors - but not both - it is dealt with in a way that will favor the lawyers. All of those lawsuits you think are being prevented mean millions in lost revenue for lawyers.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I wish you had posted some links or something.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• So...do you think that autism is a result of medical malpratice and you're being tricked??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have 3 people in my family who suffer from autism. My MIL works with autistic children/adults. Both of us believe wholeheartedly it's genetic.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• somewhat, I must admit my knowledge is limited when it comes to Autisum (sp) I have heard many believe different things when it comes to making the diagnose. Some believe the cause is genetics and some believe it vaccinations. I personally don't know anyone who has an Autistic child or other family member. However, any further information you may know could help me become more educated on the subject.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• LadyBugKisses76: www.AutismSpeaks.org

My son and my BIL are both on the spectrum and I would like to know just where this is coming from... links please.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• paganmama Some cases are actually malpractice. The only ones who know are the parents of the children affected. Hospitals make it very difficult for patients affected by malpractice to sue. I think this is the reason why we are having "bad doctors" these days don't get me wrong my husband's family are doctors and think they are good. But I strongly believe that something is going on. One of the hospitals in my area closed, they're blaming it to the budget cuts but If you work with families of the disabled you don't have to be a genius to start noticing a pattern. I think the hospital closed for other reasons than budget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• No, I think the opposite is true. Millions of dollars can be made by the LAWYERS by making people believe vaccinations cause autism. There are been too many huge studies in too many countries to believe what you say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sounds like propaganda to me...especially considering there are no links or proof provided.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Millions of dollars can be made by the LAWYERS by making people believe vaccinations cause autism.

I have friends with children with autism and actually they don't believe vaccines caused it. But they do agree that they had complications during delivery. It is tricky to think that some cases of autism were caused by oxygen deprivation. Now that you have me thinking about this let me come back with information about this: oxygen deprivation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009