Moms Who Take Zoloft

I have a question about the medicine Im taking for depression/anxiety.. maybe someone out there can help. I'm currently taking 100 mg of Zoloft & have been for about the last yr & a half. I started on it when I was pregnant with my youngest child who is now 1 yr old. The problem is I have had significant weight gain & I don't know if it's due to the baby (who like I said just turned a yr old on 6/17) or if it's the Zoloft? I kno most of you will assume its due to having a 2nd child but I had my older daughter when I was 16 & lost the baby weight in no time after havin her. I know Im older now but my kids are 8 yrs apart & in between having them I have NEVER had any problems w/my weight. Then I started taking these meds & I've blown up. Before I had my baby I was 115-120 lbs. Right after I had her I was at 125-130.. but now I'm 145 lbs! & I'm only 5'1. Is anyone else havin the same problem w/zoloft or another antidepressant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took Zoloft and never gained weight. What does it say on the package insert?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It doesn't say anything about weight gain on the side affects lists. But at the place where I go to get my perscriptions for the medicine, a few other people have said they have had weird weight gain since taking it. How long have you been taking it, if you don't mind me asking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• some antidepressants can make you gain weight, talk to you doctor if you're unsure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I've taken it and have not had any weight problems. Just because weight gain is not a common side effect does not mean that it could not be a side effect for you. Talk to your doctor, and maybe you can switch to another med if you want. Also, maybe you could think about keeping a food log for a week or so to see just how many calories you are taking in. Sometimes you may not realize that you are taking in too many!
    leahs_mom_kate

Answer by leahs_mom_kate at 9:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2009