Do you think walking outside for 20 minutes in the heat is better than walking for 20 minutes in the cool?

Which one do you think is better for loosing weight.

Same time, same walk pace. Just inside cool or outside about 90 degrees.

I feel like I accomplish more outside.....I sweat more....lol....I guess thats why I feel that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Any exercise is good but you also need to watch how hot it is and how fast you are walking.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• you sweat more with heat.. so I would think the heat. But shoot I'm no work out expert
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't think it would matter, I assume you would burn the same amount of calories. When you sweat because of heat you're just losing water weight, like in a sauna. In a sauna you can drop a couple pounds, but you'll just gain it back as soon as you put fluids back into your body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You body actually burns calories and fat more efficiently in cooler temperatures because your body can cool itself more efficiently.. When it's warmer you sweat more, but it's hard for your body to cool down, and you become more prone to dehydration and heat stroke. (Those of us living in places like Arizona know this all too well!)
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 12:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You use the same amount of calories, but walking in the heat is harder, so you think/feel like you did more.
    Anonymous

• I would think heat but I don't know. I know some people who attend a yoga class that is done in higher tempature on purpose, but I dont know if it really makes a difference.
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 6:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009