What religion would you be?

If the bible had never been writen, have you studied any other religon that you feel you could practice? I know this will probably upset alot of you, but it was something I was thinking about. It was an interesting thought. I wondered what the major religion of the world would be since Catholics and Christians would be out. So, what would it be for you?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• jewish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• well im a satanist, so i would still be a satanist lol

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My family probably would have been agnostic or atheist from the get-go, I guess.

Although I absolutely under no circumstances can even FATHOM my family without Christianity. Yikes.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would still believe in a higher power. The world is too beautiful to simply have been a coincidence.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• See, necro, satan wouldn't be a factor if the bible were never written. You could serve some other god that covers all the things you believe in, but the name satan wouldn't be a part of it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• ashley, to me and most satanist we believe satanism has been around alot longer then christian religions..so my religion WOULD still be around.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm assuming I would still be a Buddhist, since the origin of that religion is completely different from the origin of the Abrahamic religions.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• how can satan be around longer than God when satan was a fallen angel?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well if the bible had never been written, both Judaism and Satanism would have been out too, since they are both based on the bible as well as Christianity. I think most of us would have been Druids or Goddess worshippers or Sun Worshippers. Those were the most common beliefs among European people before the spread of Christianity. The American continents, Africa and Asia had their own indigenous cultures and beliefs, which might have spread in the absence of the middle eastern beliefs of the bible.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i probally would have the same beliefs as my great granmother she's full blooded cherokee indian
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2009