How can I help my almost 2 year old along?

She is 21 months old and has the mind of a 3 year old. She is the smartest kid I know. She understands everything you tell her and even knos some signs just from watching baby einstein DVDs. You only need to tell her the name of an object once and the next day, she is repeating it in a sentence. I want to encourage her learning through books and DVDs and would love some ideas from you wonderful mothers what books and DVDs helped your babies learn. I am on ebay right now but I dont know what to get. There is a ton of things out there, and I need quality products.

Please share ideas. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IMO....She just needs you. You pointing out things and talking to her non-stop. Read any and every book. Lable everything you see and tell her. Talk to her like she is a grown-up. Give her the real names of everything...Like explaining that the person running the museum of Dinosaur bones is a curator, the bones are from a Tyrannosaurus Rex and they were dug up by a Paleontologist. KWIM. You know...You talk and provide the knowledge...that is what works best...Also let her watch all the shows on tv that deal with animals, the earth...whatever and be there with her and explain and discuss it all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Go to the library. It's fun for your kid, you don't have to buy anything. You can get tons of books/videos and many library's even have toddler story time. Sing with her and do the hand motions. There is a lady on Youtube named Cullens abcs. She does TONS of kids stuff: crafts, songs, etc...you'll love her! Get her outside as much as possible, talk to her about everything you see.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 10:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Get books from the library, go to museums, parks, concerts, etc.
    For rainy days, look for software by The Learning Company.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009