How can I feel more feminine? It seems hard as a mom sometimes, so I would love any ideas ...

rkozy

Asked by rkozy at 9:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It is hard being a mom and feeling feminine.......try taking along bath when the kids finally go to sleep at least once a week or even in the morning try doing your hair different ways or putting on new makeup or a new shade of lipstick. Its something that only takes a few minutes but trust me its amazing how different you feel when you finally say enough is enough and take some time out for yourself
    AmberWiley

Answer by AmberWiley at 9:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I know that its hard I only have one but I usually take two days a month and get my nails done and every now and then i will go dye my hair maybe a little darker or lighter depends on how i feel i guess, or i will wear a nicer shirt out to get groceries and like the other lady said i will change my makeup or hair. and my fav thing to do is make me a little cocktail and run a hot bath with a candle and just relax with a book and my drink. hope this helps
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 9:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I personally love dresses. Not fancy ones, more like sun dresses.. just something casual that can be worn anywhere. Its amazing how they can make me feel :)

Heels!!! If you can wear them- where them when you go out to do something! :)

Try something different with your hair :) If its the same hair style you've had for years and years and years.. maybe its time to go to the salon and try something different. A cut, a color. :)

If you don't wear make up... start wearing a little. I wear eye liner, mascara, eye shadow (a natural color like a tan/brown) and bronzer intead of blush!

Paint your toe nails.. pink! ;) or whatever color you would like. If you can afford it go get a pedicure. If not just paint your own.

Put on an extra ring, or a bracelet or necklace.. something you don't usually wear. Or ear rings.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• take on day next week and book a spa treatment appointment. That alone will help you feel better. (if you have the money)
    do what amberwiley said. when the kids are in bed, light candles in the bathroom and take a long hot bath. do your make up, go get your hair cut and styled by a professional. go get your nails done. anything to take your mind off of being a mom for a second and let your mind and body be a woman.
    being a mom can take a lot out of you. and can quickly take the woman out of you. take control
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I love the sundress idea that Amy mentioned. And bubble baths- although my gyn said don't take them, but lots of people do and don't have problems. Keep your hair well-cut and cared for. I always found that a feminine nightgown and robe- or peignoir - made me feel feminine.

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• eye liner, special sexy perfume
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 2:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have 2 pairs of wedge sandals that I wear a lot this time of year (except to the park LOL). And when it's cold I have some boots with a little heel. Does wonders!

saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Wow, thanks! I think I will go shopping soon.
    rkozy

Answer by rkozy at 3:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2009