How come SOME (NOT all) Christians see the very existence of alternate religions such as Wicca, Paganism, Buddahism, etc. as an affront to them personally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hazeldove (I am not wanting to argue with you) that is not "non Christian" it is Biblical.I do not feel all Pagans wish Christianity to be abolished.I know that is not so as I do have a few friends who are pagans.They know I believe the Bible all the way so of course they know what I think but I have found if it came down to it they'd stand beside me to make sure I keep my right to practice my belief.I think I have seen alot more wishing Christianity would be abolished out of Atheists and Muslims then any other belief.Not ALL no but alot just flat out state so.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• anything non christian is against God, that's why
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I don't understand this either. Religion and faith is such a personal thing, and it is found within your heart. How someone down the road believes has zero bearing on one's personal beliefs. It's not a personal attack on others, it's someone elses' heart speaking to them.
    I find this attiude a bit arrogant.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i dont ..i think wicca is really interesting.i dont feel that anything non christian is against GOD.i dont think GOD is like that.i think he loves everyone.thats why there are so many religions.christianity is not the chosen religion as everyone may think...i am christian and i think its all good.hey as long as you have faith and are a good person...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• As a Christian Universalist I believe all paths are from God and lead to Him. I see it as God giving each culture a system they can understand and personally relate to (based on mentality/history/tradition/language/culture/etc), so that all people can find a path that works for them.
    I also don't believe in hell, as I believe His love is unconditional and perfect, and for hell to even exist puts conditions on and limits His supposed unconditional and perfect love.
    I find other religions fascinating, and even draw from them when I can. I believe they can compliment each other and don't have to be exclusive (which is where my Universal tendencies come in...). I reject things like religious monopolies on heaven, or on religious exclusivity and absolutism, and believe in religious pluralism/equality.
    Its all about finding which path works best for you - and only YOU can decide that - we can't tel you, as YOU know better than we.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I am not sure, but I guess it is the same reason why SOME(not all) atheist and wiccans see Christianity as a personal attack and threat to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• imo those who think this way (and its not just some Christians, there are ppl like this in all faiths) are so weak in their own beliefs they cant stay true to it when other faiths are shown. maybe they see another faith & like parts of it & then start to fear that the devil has taken over them. so instead of searching themselves to see why they like parts of another faith, they decide its offensive. if the other faith cant be seen by them, they wont want to know about it.

that and i think they were "trained" (or raised) to think this way. i have heard numerous sermons on how one group or another is evil & that we should hate them...tell me hows that Christ-like?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• unfortunately that is what a lot of fundamental churches preach. I was taught that Catholics were evil. I knew better because some of my family are Catholic and they weren't evil.

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• "anything non christian is against God, that's why"

your attitude against them is non-christian.. why don't you hate yourself?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Personally I find such people to be hypocrites.. they pick places in the bible were it says such things are abominations.. yet ignore pieces about love, and not judging another.. most of it comes from ignorance..

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009