ok its been 18 almost 19 months sinse i have had a menstural cycle...info inside!

ok so its been quite a while as u can see. i havent had a cycle once sisne my son was born accept for the bled for 2 weeks after birthing him. and my healths gone way down hill throughout this whole time. i've just stopped breastfeeding and im hoping it kicks my period into gear of which it seems to be*im spotting old blood* but im also feeling the discomfort of like a yeast infection type thing now too. anyone else feel this b4? and i have a very odd question. my mother suggested a d&c if i dont get my period.. to clean me out i guess? like maybe i have a blockage of some sort or another. do they do that? i thought d&c's were for after m/c's and like abortions.... confused and i really need some advice!

chris-s-wife

Asked by chris-s-wife at 10:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• i never had that probly but my mom didnt have her peiod for about 6 straight years. she didnt get her period every time she had a kid because she was breastfeeding, that she got pregnant. it could be that your breastfeeding. but since u say ur health has gone down hill and you feel like you have a yeats infection, you should talk to a dr and make sure that its not something worse than that. have them run some tests to make sure you are healthy.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well, if you were breastfeeding that's why. Some women don't get their period back until after they've weened and even then it takes a while to come back regular like it did before they had a baby. Enjoy not having AF!! There's Nothing wrong with you. But if you have a yeast infection you should get that checked out.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 11:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would talk with the doctor, but I don't think there is anything wrong with not having a period if you were nursing. Mine didn't return until about 15 months PP with both kids. I would get checked out to make sure you don't have a yeast infection though and just keep watching for AF. Since you weaned if it doesn't happen in about 8 weeks or so then I would get concerned. They do d&c for other then miscarriage and abortion though. My mother had one done when she was starting menopause because she didn't bleed for about 9 months and then bleed for about 3 weeks straight and then they did a d&c and she stopped and hasn't bleed since.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I nursed my DD til she was 16 months and I didn't have a period that whole time. It's normal if you are nursing. It should come back within a month or two though it may take a while for it to get on a schedule.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• some months i have the feeling of a yeast infection coming on the day before i start my period. Could be that but i would call the dr just to be safe
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 8:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2009