• In the Spotlight:

having an ultrasound of my heart today

do they expose your whole left side of your chest? id my boob gonna have to be out there for the world to see?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• Only the tech will see it. He or she will be very professional and have seen it all many times before. You won't even have time to feel embarrassed. The tech will cover up as much of you as can be covered. Good luck! Please let us know the outcome?

Answer by Bmat at 10:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Our son had on when he was 5-asked tech. if he would see God in there. When I had mine I don't remember being exposed, heart is more to center and below boob, but then I am not well endowed. LOL
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 10:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• well yes you will have to take of your top and put on (at least in my experience) a paper top. Most of the u/s is done on your side and you can keep covered, and in the soft spot in your neck (fyi this made me incredibly nauseous and "gaggy"). I had to have my done while I was pregnant and I'm not going to lie it wasn't pleasant for me because my boobs hurt and they dug into parts of them and like I said the one part made me nauseous but I don't recall feeling "exposed" or uncomfortable with my chest.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009