Has anyone gotting pregnant with an IUD in them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My sil has.... twice. Both were eptopic. It took her 2 times of having an eptopic pregnancy to finally get smart and take the darn thing out!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Do some research... I have heard that it's really easy to get pregnant on it, but the egg won't plant in the uterus so you'll just have miscarriages without even knowing!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I want to say that I don't personally know for sure if it's true or not, it's just something I have heard that you might want to look in to.
    julipickle2

• It's not a miscarriage if the fertilized egg never implants. IUD are safe it's just that like all forms of BC it's not 100% safe. Mirena is 99% and the Paragard is 99.4%. and the pill is about 95% effective.

The IUD works a few ways. 1. The strings thicken the cervical mucus so that sperm cannot enter. 2. Blocks the falopian tubes so that sperm cannot enter. 3. Makes the lining of your utuerus thin so that a fertilized egg cannot implant.

If you do think you are pregnant you need to take a test right away so they can take out the IUD. If you find out you are pregnant then you have until about 13 weeks to have IUD removed or they have to leave it in during the pregnancy (if you don't want to terminate).

I love my Mirena.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My SIL had about 4 miscarriages on the iud! that is why i never used it.
    Anonymous