good morning---a lot of bickering went down last night. What good about your religion?

Has your church organized a fund raiser? Helping out a neighborhood? Sharing a community project?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• looks like the bickering came to a thread that was meant to be positive. Several people were able to state they help without going to church. Several people were able to be friendly and share what they do without making it sound like their good acts are better because they leave God out of the acts. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

FYI: Many Christians, Muslims, and Jewish people help out organizations that are not affiliated with a church and do it because helping one another is what we should do. Just because we honor God doesn't mean we wouldn't help out others if we didn't have to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i dont belong to any kind of church for my religion, but i donate to charities all the time lol

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm like necro. I don't belong/attend a church, but we are also donate to different chariites that we are passionate about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I am not religious, but I donate to Cancer research as well as donate time to organizations such as Rape Crisis, Blind Centers and Missions for homeless people because the company I work for is big on community outreach.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• right now I am helping my school which is associated with the church.
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 10:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Our church does missions (great experience for teens), church camps, community outreach (feeding needy on Holidays), 5th Quarter..after football games- free fun night to keep them away from parties-have a huge crowd! Clothing drives...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My beliefs are kind of against churches of any kind, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I donate to charities because it's the right thing to do, not because I'm trying to curry favor with a higher power and for the afterlife. I am good because being and doing good is good for me, and the common and greater good. Get it? Got it? Good.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• our church has a very active prison ministry. We also help preserve neglected cemeteries. Jesus taugfht not to shout your good works from the roof tops so i try to keep it low key
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I don't belong to any religious organisation, but I do give to charity (and I'm very slective about the ones I donate to).  I also used to (and probably will again when my lifestyle permits) foster injured or pregnant cats and abandoned kittens until they were ready for adoption for the SPCA.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Our church is one of the most active in our community. Wherever there is need,you can bet we are a part of helping in some way. And, without sounding confrontational caitxrawks, cause it looks like you've probably had enough of that today, we honestly don't do it for favor from anyone, or anything. We help because it's the right thing to do, we'd all want someone to help us out if we were in need,and so we treat others as we'd like to be treated. We also contribute to the Pregnancy help center,which is a center that helps women in crisis pregnancies, who want to either keep their babies, or think of adoption. Every year,they host the world's biggest baby shower,and the community contributes so they are always stocked to help when the need arises.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009