I AM FREAKING OUT PLEASE HELP! tmi

I have the 5 year IUD and I dont know how far I should stick my finger inside me to feel the string. I don't feel it at all! has anyone felt theres? This is my 1st time trying to feel it.
Thank for taking your time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• I'm not trying to be mean, but why is everybody tryin to feel it?? I don't get it. I've had mine for almost 2 years && I have never once tried to feel it. You're supposed to go to the doctor once a year to make sure it's still in place, other than that don't worry about it....
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Ummm....you have to go pretty far up there lol. It's not like its just hanging out towards the bottom, you have to do some searching. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Okay it never once came across my mind to go in there and tuch it. I was reading other womans post saying that the can feel 2 strings and other feeling 1 so I wanted to see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• well if you just want to...the strings are supposed to end just inside your cervix. so you have to stick your finger all the way up until you feel your cervix at least. Then I guess you would just kinda dig around from there??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I tried to feel mine like the first day i got it and couldn't. I haven't tried since. I have had it 2 years and just went for my yearly and it's right where it should be. She did pull the strings down a little because they had went a little into my cervix but no biggie. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous